About Georgia Career Information System
The Georgia Career Information Center operates the Georgia Career Information System (GCIS). Working with educational and labor market professionals, GCIS contains assessments, explorations, and search strategies as well as the most comprehensive and accurate state and national occupational and educational information. In addition to career management tools for individuals, tools are available to assist administrators.
GCIS provides Georgia’s students and adult learners with vital career information.
GCIS is used in Georgia’s elementary, middle, and high schools; colleges and universities; technical colleges; Employment Service offices; Rehabilitation Services offices; Department of Labor offices; Department of Family and Children Services offices; Department of Juvenile Justice; and public libraries.
This year, Georgians will access GCIS at more than 1,400 sites throughout the state.
Use this section to learn about yourself, set educational goals, and develop a career plan.
- How do I create a career plan?
- Career Plan - Learn more about yourself while you research your options, set goals and make plans for your future.
- How do I plan my courses?
- Course Planner - Generate a course plan based on your career and education goals.
- How do I track my to-do lists?
- Checklists - Track your progress on activities recommended or required by your school.
Use this section to match your interests, skills, work ethic, and lifestyle to career clusters and occupations.
- How do I use assessments?
- Learn about Assessments - Find answers to common questions about career assessment tools. Explore the differences between the assessments and find out which might be helpful for you. Learn how to use your assessment results.
- What are my interests?
- Career Cluster Inventory (48 questions) - Find out which career clusters match your interests and view the occupations in those clusters.
- Career Cluster Inventory (80 questions) - Find out which career clusters match your interests and view the occupations in those clusters.
- Interest Profiler (60 Questions) - Find out which work areas match your interests. View the occupations in those work areas.
- Interest Profiler (180 Questions) - Find out which work areas match your interests. View the occupations in those work areas.
- What skills and work values are important to me?
- SKILLS - Identify the skills you enjoy and view occupations that use those skills.
- Work Importance Locator - Identify your work-related needs and view a list of occupations that match your work values.
- What lifestyle can I afford?
- Reality Check - Find out how much money you will need to attain the lifestyle you desire. View occupations that pay enough to support your ideal lifestyle.
- How do I link independent assessment results to occupations?
- Assessment Link - Match the results of independent assessments to occupations or occupation clusters.
- Informal Assessments
- Learning Styles Survey - Identify the ways you learn best.
- Employability Skills Survey - Discover your skills and talents that employers value in potential employees.
Use this section to explore different occupations, learn about industries, investigate career options in the military, and find out if self-employment is a good fit for you.
- Which occupations match my preferences?
- Occupation Sort - Generates a list of occupations that use your abilities and interests
- Occupation Sort Classic - Generates a list of occupations that use your skills, abilities, and interests
- Occupation Filter - Generate a quick list of occupations that meet your wage or education levels preferences.
- What can I learn about occupations?
- Learn about Occupations - Find answers to common questions about how to narrow your occupation choices.
- 17 Career Clusters - Explore broad categories of occupations that are grouped by the knowledge and skills they require.
- Occupations - Learn what people do in occupations, how much they earn, and how to prepare to enter an occupation.
- Green Jobs - Learn about occupations that impact the environment in positive ways.
- Career Profiles - Read conversations with professionals regarding what they do, how they go started, and best and hardest parts of their careers.
- How do I compare occupations?
- Compare Occupations - View two occupations side by side.
- What options are available in the military?
- Learn about the Military - Learn about the branches of military service. Find out about military life and explore the educational opportunities offered by the military.
- Military Occupations - Learn about occupations in the military, including requirements and training.
- What can I learn about industries?
- Learn about Industries - Find answers to common questions about what an industry is. Learn about the different types of work done in industries.
- Industries - Explore broad areas of the economy. Learn about the work in these areas and the occupations they employ.
Identify programs of study that interest you and schools that offer them. Learn more about apprenticeships. Explore your options for paying for school.
- What can I study?
- Learn about Programs of Study - Find answers to common questions about training programs such as how to choose a program and the difference between the types of degrees.
- Programs of Study - Explore your options for study after high school including what you can study, the program length, and what schools offer each program.
- Program Profiles - Explore comments about college programs and majors such as how to get started, studying and relating the program to future aspirations and careers.
- Where can I study?
- Learn about Schools - Find answers to common questions about different types of schools and learn about admissions tests, the admissions process, and how to select a school.
- Georgia Schools - View detailed information about Georgia Schools such as admissions requirements, tuition, financial aid, and programs of study.
- S. Schools - View detailed information about U.S. Schools such as admissions requirements, tuition, and programs of study.
- Which schools match my preferences?
- School Sort - Create a list of schools based on your answers to questions about your major, school costs, size, and location.
- How do I compare schools?
- Compare schools - View up to three schools side by side.
- How do I track my school applications?
- Application Tracker - Organize and track your postsecondary applications
- Where can I get help paying for school?
- Learn about Financial Aid - Find answers to common questions about financial aid. Learn how to apply for scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Financial Aid Sort - Create a list of scholarships and grants based on your answers to questions about your educational plans, abilities, and background.
- Financial Aid - Locate detailed information about thousands of scholarships and grants.
- Georgia Scholarships - Find detailed information about scholarships and grants just for Georgia residents.
Create a résumé. Learn how to apply and interview for jobs. Find ways to succeed at your job.
- How do I create or update my résumé?
- Résumé Creator - Build a résumé using your personal entries and quickly customize it to apply for a job.
- Saved and Uploaded Resumes - View your previously uploaded or saved résumés.
- How do I look for and find a job?
- Learn about Job Search Strategies - Organize information, start your search, and prepare for job interviews.
- How can I keep my job?
- Learn about Job Success - Learn good job habits plus tips for working well with your supervisor and co-workers.
- What can I learn about working for myself?
- Entrepreneurial Career Assessment Form - Identify your interest level in running your own business.
- Self-Employment Assessment - Learn more about working for yourself. Find out which occupations have a high rate of self-employment. Learn the basics of starting and running a business.